Friday, June 21, 2013

Five for Friday- June 21

Hello loves!

It's Friday, so of course I have to link up with Doodle Bugs to share five random things about my week!

1. HOMESICK I went back home last weekend for a much needed break from the busy city life Atlanta offers. I have never been a person that likes to go home and stay at my family house in Alabama. My mother tells everyone that she knew I would "fly away as soon as I figured out how to open the cage". I definitely agree but boy was I missing my family and dogs. I was so glad that I took those four days to recoup. Aren't our family dogs precious? They are one of the biggest highlights to going home (don't tell my mom!)

2. HAIR CUT While I was home, I made a spontaneous decision to karate chop my hair. I have had long hair for almost two years. However, while I was home, I saw some cute hair styles on Pinterest. (Pinterest is dangerous, by the way). So I grabbed the scissors and went at it.  Here are some before and after pics! I still have to get used to it, but I think it came out great.

Before

After the initial cut... but then I cut about another inch off. So it is shorter now.

3. CAR ACCIDENT Earlier this month, I was in a car accident with a close friend. Let me clarify... She was following me to another friend's house and she rear ended me.My car had a small rip in the bumper... her car was totaled. Her insurance settled everything, but being Bria, I procrastinated going to get it fixed. Then, while I was home, my stepdad was changing my oil and rotating my tires (handy huh?) when he realized my muffler was bent in the accident and was burning my rear tired. Luckily, my tire did not blow out on my ride from Atlanta to Alabama. Needless to say, I took my car to get fixed as soon as I got back to Atlanta.

4. CHEVRON Before I came back to Atlanta, I went to my absolute FAVORITE teacher store. It has everything!! I was looking for a new theme for my classroom and look what I found.....



Chevron patterns and cute birds to match! I am in heaven!! I have been addicted to Chevron for quite some time so I had to have these... and who could resist the birds. So excited to get in my classroom and put these in their new home.

5. COMPUTER CLEANING I have been feverishly working on my new TPT product: A Holes Novel Study. However, I kept losing papers, because my computer had files everywhere. So I sat down yesterday and cleaned, deleted, and organized all 8,671 files! Yes 8,671! I also, changed my screen saver to match my new chevron/birds theme. Love it!

Well, that's all for my week! Be back soon! Remember to check out other great bloggers and Doodle Bugs "Five for Friday" Linky Party!


1 comment:

  1. I definitely need to clean out my computers. Mainly compile all my files from my 3 different computers I use. Your theme is very cute. I'm your newest follower

    Lacey
    <a href="http://challengesmakelifeinteresting.blogspot.com>Challenges Make Life Interesting</a>

    ReplyDelete