Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Peek at My Week

Hello loves!

I am back after a bit of a hiatus to link up with Mrs. Laffin's Linky Party. ( I actually meant to publish this on Saturday but then life got in the way. oops!)


Reading: This week our Treasures reading story of the week is The Strongest One. It is a fun reader's theatre about an ant who is trying to find out which animal is the strongest one only to realize that he is!  It is such a cute story and the kids will get a chance to act it out which this set of kids will love!!

Math: We are working on subtracting with regrouping, particularly across zeros. I pray for patience this week during math!!

Writing: We are actually brainstorming for our first narrative piece this week. We have spent the first eight weeks of school doing narrative projects such as the "If My Life Was An Island" project and "I am" project. My kiddos LOVED these units and their finished products turned out beautifully.

Here are some I AM finished products:






Here is our work board with all of the finished projects. Only one empty spot for my poor little girl who has been so sick that she has been absent for 6 days!

 
I created an "I Am" unit for you to use with your kiddos. Just hop over to my TpT store to enjoy!
Here is our finished bulletin board that is displaying some of our "If My Life Were an Island" projects

Close ups of some of the finished ones




 
 
I will post  the "If My Life Was An Island" project in my TpT store, hopefully this week. (fingers crossed)

Science: We will be discussing the Piedmont habitat of Georgia and students will be working in their groups to finish this section of their large Georgia poster. (pics coming this week as well)

Social Studies: We will continue discussing Paul Revere's importance in the American Revolution and the events that happened after the Revolutionary War (i.e. creation of the Constitution). Also, on Thursday, an actor playing the role of Paul Revere will be coming to the school for the kids to meet and ask questions. I am actually excited to see how the kids react to this.

That's all for my week! I will post more pictures ASAP! Join the linky party to share about your upcoming week!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment