Tuesday, July 9, 2013

What an Honor! My first blog award!

Hello! I have amazing news! I was nominated for my first blogging award, the Liebster award!


I know many of you probably have received this award, along with several others, but this is my first one and I am SUPER excited. I was graciously nominated by Sarah at Kinder Cakes. I

To accept this award, there are several requirements:

1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2.Answer the questions created by my nominator
3. Share 11 random facts about myself
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
5. Create 11 questions for my nominees
6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them

Questions from Sarah:
1. What is your favorite dessert?  I honestly don't  have a favorite.  I love all desserts!
2. If you could be a Disney Princess, who would you be? I would definitely be Cinderella. She is like the quintessential Princess. All I need is a Prince Charming... and a castle.
3. What is your dream car? My dream car is a white Range Rover. I love these SUVs. However, I am not a fan of the newer editions that are rounder looking.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Hands down, my favorite show is Law and Order: SVU. I have seen EVERY episode at least 10 times.
5. What is the last song you listened to? I last listened to Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines". It is such a fun dance song!
6. What is your favorite animal? Dogs are my favorite. They are the most loyal and by far the cutest.
7. Which holiday is your favorite? Christmas is my favorite.  Celebrating the birth of Jesus, wrapping presents, Christmas songs, tree decorating, gift giving.. what's not to love?!
8. What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries.... yum!
9. What was the last thing you ate? The last thing I ate was a Chik-fil-a Spicy Chicken Sandwich. I am anxiously awaiting the Spicy Chicken Nuggets. I think they would be such a hit!
10. If you could meet a character from a picture book, who would it be? I would love to meet Flossie from Flossie and the Fox. It is my favorite children's book that my mother used to read to me.
11. Where would you vacation if money was no object? I would love to go to Australia. I have been obsessed with this continent/country since I was little.

11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I am allergic to marshmallows and onions.
2. I have a huge shopping addiction.
3. I have an unhealthy obsession with school supplies.
4. I don't like vegetables... at all.
5. I don't like going to the movie theatre. It kind of creeps me out being so close to strangers. Weird huh?
6. I have MAJOR anxiety about going to the doctor of any kind. I can barely sleep the night before a doctor's appointment.
7. I love Reese's but only the miniature cups. The regular size has too much peanut butter! haha.
8. I check Pinterest before I go to bed or get out of bed. Sad, I know.
9. I am 5'10'' and everyone assumes I play basketball, but I can't dribble a basketball if my life depended on it.
10. My left foot is half an inch shorter than my right.
11. My real first name is spelled wrong (i.e. mom wanted it to be unique) therefore I go by "Bria", a nickname my grandmother gave me.

I want to nominate the following blogs that I have found:
Tailor Made Teaching
Creating A Thoughtful Classroom
Hoots N Hollers
Tales from a Schoolyard
Happily Teaching

Keep up the great work!

Here are the 11 questions for the nominees:
1. Why did you become a teacher?
2. What is your favorite picture book?
3.  Who inspires you the most?
4. If you could meet a famous person who has already died, who would it be and why?
5. What is your favorite candy?
6. What is your favorite holiday you celebrate in your classroom?
7. Why did you start your blog?
8. What is one thing in your closet you could never give away?
9. What is your favorite beverage?
10. What are three things that you love about the state you live in?
11. What is your favorite thing in our classroom?

Thanks for all of my followers and especially Sarah at Kinder Cakes for the nomination!

3 comments:

  1. Your Liebster answers are great. Your allergies are interesting!! I was allergic to strawberries as a kid, sad huh? If you have time, come and say hi at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bria,
    Thanks so much for the nomination :) I am a recovering Pinterest addict, now I'm a blog stalker! LOL!
    Glad to be following!
    Karli
    Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

    ReplyDelete